The end of the hunt

I have been looking for something all my life, and everywhere I turned and looked, someone or the other told me it's 'This' what I was looking for. Most times, I accepted their answers, because I didn't know what it was that I was looking for myself. I was naïve and lived off someone's opinion. All those things that I accepted were more than often self-contradictory, but I didn't stand by my intuition then. One day it occurred to me that, when I was looking for something for myself, why was I asking everyone except myself questions which I, and only I, could answer? It took me a very long time and prolonged painful grilling to achieve a realization : that I am nobody but myself; that my desires are subjected to my own will irrespective of a third opinion or thought. Opinions are like backsides, everybody has one, but does it really matter? Not to me, anymore.

Comments

Popular Posts