‘What if it was meant to be?’


Sometimes you cling onto something or someone you want; oblivious to whether it is right, oblivious to, if or not it will be worth it, oblivious to whether it is the best thing for you…just like I have. All I am aware of is that I want it and I choose to hold onto it until it takes place. I could be right, I could be wrong, but I hold on because I'm being led by sheer instinct.

‘What if it is not what I need?’

‘What if it’s not what will be best for me?’

‘What if it’s not worth the effort?’

‘What if he’s not the one for me?’

Questions my own intellect might pose initially inclined towards the human mind’s own cynicism…and then it contradicts itself to pose more:

‘What if it was meant to be?’

‘What if it would’ve been perfect but I didn’t even try?’

‘What if I killed my dream before even letting it breathe?’

‘What if I had held on just a little longer to be sure if or not it was worth it?’

Most times than not, the fact that I'm halfway there is an indication of it transpiring if only I have the spirit to hold on a little longer. It’s so easy to give in to pessimism and take the easy and what the mind perceives the obvious way out... but beyond the obvious, lies my reality that is obvious for me as obscure for you. In the end, whether or not right, the fact that I have wanted it badly enough to have held on through testing trials, to have made it halfway there only by sheer will and faith, will make it worth the effort when I get there. The journey is always as rewarding as the destination itself.


We all have our own life to pursue, our own kind of dream to be weaving. And we all have some power to make wishes come true, as long as we keep believing.

Comments

Popular Posts